Laphroaig Triple Wood 48% Vol. 0,7l
Shipping calculated at checkout.
SKU : 32081
Vendor : Laphroaig
Product Type : Whisky
Volume, ml: 700
Alcohol, ABV: 48.0
Base spirit: Barley
Country: Great Britain
Region: Scotland, Islay
OUR TRIPLE-MATURED ISLAY SCOTCH COMBINES THE UNFORGETTABLE MEDICINAL FLAVOR OF LAPHROAIG WHISKY WITH SOFTER NOTES OF FRUIT AND SPICE.
Laphroaig Triple Wood is aged in three different types of cask, including American oak ex-Bourbon barrels. We then pick and choose the most suitable spirits from these barrels, ranging in age. These are blended and transferred into small 19th Century Quarter Casks for a second maturation. This gives them more contact with the wood, imparting notes of spice and cedar.
Finally, the spirit is moved into our specially selected large European oak Oloroso sherry casks for that final touch of sherry sweetness. This whisky matures and develops slowly during this final stage, lending it a complex and full-bodied flavor.
- Triple matured in ex-Bourbon barrels, quarter casks and sherry butts
- Specially selected spirit is drawn from each for maximum flavour
- The use of triple wood imparts flavors of spice and fruit
- A powerful peated whisky with flavors of smoke, raisins and nuts
- 2016 International Wine & Spirit Competition Gold
- COLOUR: Natural colour. Full sparkling gold
- NOSE: Sweet raisins and creamy apricots, nuttiness, bonfire ash and earthy peat.
- BODY: Powerful, yet with a creamy consistency.
- FINISH: Mouth-filling and extremely long, balanced by a sweet smooth caramel taste.
- PALATE: Creamy flavours of vanilla and fruit, with a suggestion of sherry sweetness