Laphroaig SELECT 40% Vol. 0,7l
Shipping calculated at checkout.
SKU : 32084
Vendor : Laphroaig
Product Type : Whisky
Volume, ml: 700
Alcohol, ABV: 40.0
Base spirit: Barley
Country: Great Britain
Region: Scotland, Islay
LAPHROAIG SELECT COMBINES FIVE SPECIALLY SELECTED CASKS OF OUR ICONIC ISLAY SCOTCH.
Our master distiller carefully draws whisky matured the historic way in Oloroso sherry butts, Pedro Ximinez seasoned hogsheads, and first-fill bourbon quarter casks to create this distinctive blend. The heart is drawn from a final maturation in new, American oak — a rarity in Scotch whisky production — which adds bold flavor.
The final addition is our quintessential single malt scotch, Laphroaig 10, which is aged for a decade. With flavors of smoky peat, spicy oak and a surprising sweetness, Laphroaig Select is a fantastic introduction to peated whisky.
- A hand selected blend of single malt casks create a unique character
- Mix of American and European oak sherry and bourbon casks
- Heart of spirit drawn from American oak casks, rarely used in scotch
- Complex, deep whisky with notes of oak, peat and sweetness
- 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Awards Gold
- COLOUR: A sparkling gold with layers of colour.
- NOSE: Peat first, then ripe red fruits with a hint of dryness.
- BODY: Full bodied.
- FINISH: Long lingering and florally with marzipan and limes at the end.
- PALATE: Sweet up front then classic dry, peaty, ashy flavours followed by a rich finish.
- MATURATION: Ex-bourbon, new American oak; ex-Oloroso sherry; ex-PX cask and quarter casks.
- SERVE SUGGESTION: Neat or in a Penicillin.
FIVE OF A KIND
Laphroaig Select is a carefully chosen blend of five specially selected casks of our Islay Scotch, brought together in one special bottle. The combination includes four historic styles, perfected over two centuries by our passionate master distillers.
Complex and deep, this Scotch whisky gently marries the spicy aromas of oak with the classic smoky taste of Laphroaig. Fruity, fresh and medicinal notes add to the flavor profile which is enhanced by the different types of cask aging. Best served alone or simply poured over ice, it's an excellent introduction to peated whisky.
To make Laphroaig Select, our master distiller chooses spirit from five different casks. Casks tapped into for Laphroaig Select include Pedro ximenez-cured hogsheads, Triple Wood Oloroso sherry butts and first-fill bourbon quarter casks. It's finished with our quintessential 10 year old Laphroaig and a new addition — single malt matured in new American oak. The latter is rarely used in Scotch whisky, and adds a unique twist to this expertly selected blend.
PASSED DOWN THROUGH CENTURIES
Laphroaig Select pays tribute to two centuries of tradition from our distillery, which was founded in 1815 on the rugged isle of Islay off the west coast of Scotland. Each expression of Laphroaig has been perfected over the course of centuries. The hard work and passion of generations of master distillers can be tasted in Laphroaig Select.
As well as human passion, this Select whisky also speaks of the land where it was crafted. The crystal waters of the Kilbride stream and the rich peat from Islay add to the bracing flavor of this distinctive whisky.
Laphroaig Select has won multiple awards including Gold at the 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Awards, Silver at the 2019 International Spirits Challenge and Bronze at the 2019 SIP Awards.