Laphroaig Quarter Cask 48% Vol. 0,7l
Shipping calculated at checkout.
SKU : 33785
Vendor : Laphroaig
Product Type : Whisky
Volume, ml: 700
Alcohol, ABV: 48.0
Base spirit: Barley
Country: Great Britain
Region: Scotland, Islay
MATURED TWICE IN AMERICAN OAK, LAPHROAIG QUARTER CASK PRESENTS AN IRRESISTIBLE DOUBLING OF FLAVOR.
Because the second maturation takes place in smaller, quarter-sized casks, the spirit has more contact with wood. This lends hints of coconut, banana and vanilla to the instantly recognizable Laphroaig flavor of smoky peat complemented by a surprising sweetness.
It should be enjoyed alone, over ice or with a splash of water to fully pay tribute to the unique flavor. Laphroaig Quarter Cask begins its maturation in ex-bourbon barrels and, while still aging, is transferred to small quarter casks. Aging in smaller barrels revives an old tradition, paying tribute to the master distillers who have perfected the Laphroaig process over two centuries.
- Aged twice: once in ex-bourbon barrels and once in quarter casks
- Maturation in smaller casks pays tribute to historic tradition
- Deep, complex whisky with flavors of smoky peat and subtle sweetness
- American oak lends flavors of coconut, banana and vanilla
- 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Award Gold
- COLOUR: Full sparkling gold
- NOSE: Burning embers of peat in a crofter's fireplace, hints of coconut and banana aromas.
- BODY: Full-bodied.
- FINISH: Really long, and dries appropriately with smoke and spice.
- PALATE: Deep, complex and smoky yet offers and surprises the palate with a gentle sweetness.
- MATURATION: Ex-bourbon and quarter casks
- SERVE SUGGESTION: Neat or with ice
FLAVOUR LOST TO TIME
Laphroaig Quarter Cask has a depth of flavor achieved through a double maturation process. Along with the signature smoky taste of our peated whisky you'll also find notes of coconut, vanilla and banana that are imparted by close contact with American white oak. This delicious whisky should be served simply — over ice, on its own or with a splash of cold water.
It starts its life the same way all Laphroaig whiskies do, in a time-honored tradition which has been perfected over two centuries. The malted barley is first smoked then dried over a fire fuelled by peat, hand-cut on the Isle of Islay. After fermentation it's aged in first-fill bourbon barrels, made from American oak.
While the whisky is still young it's transferred to much smaller quarter casks. This gives the spirit more contact with the wood, imparting warm and spicy oak flavors. It's a method which was almost lost to time, but has been revived in this whisky. Finally, it is left to rest in our warehouse on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean.
PURE AND COMPLEX
Each sip of Laphroaig recalls the passion and hard work of the master distillers who have been perfecting each expression of this peated whisky since 1815. The natural features of Islay lend extra flavor to each complex blend, from the pure waters of the Kilbride stream to the smoky peat found on this rugged island.
Laphroaig Quarter Cask has impressed critics, taking home Gold awards from the 2019 San Francisco World Spirits Aware and the 2019 SIP Awards.