Lajita Mezcal Reposado with Agave Worm 40% Vol. 0,7l
Shipping calculated at checkout.
SKU : 38592
Vendor : Lajita
Product Type : Mezcal
Volume, ml: 700
Alcohol, ABV: 40.0
Base spirit: Agave
Mezcal type: Mezcal
Mezcal class: Flavored or infused
The word "Mezcal" comes from the Nahuatl language of the Aztecs and means "cooked agave".
The difference to Tequila lies in the use of different agave varieties, different origins within Mexico and different production.
The agave hearts are cooked for days in a covered earth pit.
The Lajita Mezcal Reposado with Agave Worm contains a larva, colloquially known as a worm ("gusano").
This worm is prized as a delicacy in Oaxacas, the largest mezcal-producing state in Mexico.
Among other things, this larva is also used as a trademark and is supposed to testify to the high quality standard of the agave spirit.
- SILVER The International Wine & Spirits Awards 2001. -
- SILVER International Spirits Challenge 2004
- Colour: Clear.
- Nose: Smoky, cooked agave, woody vanilla sweetness.
- Taste: Agave, notes of smoke, sweetness.
- Finish: Long lasting, wood smoke.